Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tool 11


1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
    I'd like to use Polls Everywhere from time to time to determine which read alouds we do for cognitive strategy instruction.  I'd also like to use Wallwisher after teaching a cognitive strategy.  Rather than always have the kids use actual sticky notes during Daily 5 to respond to something they read, they can use Wallwisher to post sticky notes about their reading and the cognitive strategy.

2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner? 
     I'm going to need to monitor what they're doing with technology since we have more now.  I'd also like to try giving them the chance to collaborate with students from another school, perhaps even in another town.  I'm going to have to give them more opportunities to use technology in different ways.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
     I liked learning about different places to house my "stuff" rather than just on my computer or e-mail.  I enjoyed learning new technology and websites, and I am excited about incorporating it next year.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing the 11 tools blog. Enjoy using your new devices to access the resources you have learned about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Tiffany! You did it! Done for the summer. Now enjoy that beautiful new baby girl of yours. She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete