Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tool 10


1. Discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens. I'd want them to know: 1) not everyone on the internet is honest or nice. Be careful with any personal information. 2) cyber bullying is just as bad as bullying in real life. Treat others as you want to be treated. 3) remember copyright applies to the internet, too.
2. Share at least one of the resources mentioned above or on the Ed Tech website that you plan to use instructionally. I liked the Budd:e section for primary students. There is a video called "Primary Students What Can Happen Online." I thought it would be a good introduction or being safe online.
3. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students. I think teaching digital citizenship is something we'll have to touch on all year. I think anytime I introduce something new for students to do with the devices, we;ll talk about digital citizenship.
4. Explain briefly how you plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with your parents. I think a good place to talk about this would be during curriculum night.

No comments:

Post a Comment